ALL Students in Grades 8-12 are invited to join Water Polo at Lake Orion High School! Boys’ Season is Fall 2019. WATER POLO is a fast growing sport and is most often described as a cross between swimming, football, soccer and volleyball. It is fast paced, fun and designed to build cooperation and camaraderie.
· No competitive swim experience is needed. All skills required will be taught at practices and reinforced during games.
· Practice Monday-Thursday, with the option to add practice days on Fridays and Saturdays if needed
· 1-2 games per week. For the 2019 season, we have 5 home games and 5 away games scheduled. No overnight travel required.
· One-way bus transportation provided for most away games
· 3-4 away tournaments per season to increase playing time beyond officially scheduled District games
· 8th graders can join as full LOHS team members, and are eligible to play in all JV games.
· Varsity Letters and Academic patches can be earned.
· Team uniform consists of a free team T-shirt and a water polo brief or jammer (player must purchase). Additional team apparel will be available for purchase.
If you have any questions, please email Nicole Buckner (team manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
LOHS Athletics Parent Meeting: Tuesday, Aug. 6 @ 7PM in LOHS Auditorium
The LOHS Athletic Department will hold a preseason meeting for parents of all prospective fall athletes, providing information and resources.
** A BRIEF MEETING FOR WATER POLO PLAYERS/PARENTS WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW IN THE COMMONS**
First Dry-land Practice: Monday, Aug. 12 6-7pm LOHS Weight Room
· Waivers must be signed before athletes can participate (available on site the first day)
· Fees for the dry-land program assessed on number of athletes participating (usually $50-70 for 18 sessions supervised by trainers from Power House Gym). THIS IS OPTIONAL BUT ENCOURAGED.
Second Dry-land Practice: Wednesday, Aug 14 6-7pm LOHS Weight Room
FIRST IN-POOL PRACTICE: Wednesday Aug 14 7:30-10pm LOHS Pool
· Physical forms must be submitted before athletes can participate.
Parent/Student Informational meeting: Thursday, Aug 15 at LOHS
· Parent and player meeting (time and room TBD) providing season information, schedules, and apparel order forms and links
First Tournament: Friday, Aug 16-Saturday Aug 17 at Troy High School
· Troy United is hosting an early JV/Varsity B tournament. LOHS has committed to attend with 1-2 games Friday night, and 2-3 games on Saturday.
LOHS Tournament: Friday, Aug 23-Saturday Aug 24 at LOHS
· LOHS is hosting a tournament for the first time! Four schools are committed to attend and the format will be a combination of Varsity and JV/Varsity B games. This will be our biggest fundraiser of the season, and all parents need to plan to attend and help!
ALL student-athletes MUST be registered before practicing at LOHS. FinalForms is a new online system that will help the LOHS Athletic Department boost compliance and safety. FinalForms allows you to complete and sign forms from your computer, tablet, or mobile device. Please register at: https://lakeorion-mi.finalforms.com. Follow the prompts to create your account, manage your students, and sign your forms.